Since mid-November 2014, Mezhyhirya (Ukrainian: Межигір’я, pronounced [mɛʐɪˈɦʲirjɐ] Mežihìr’â) has been a museum that displays the luxury of its former owner, former President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych, The estate is located in the village of Novi Petrivtsi, Vyshhorod Raion. Yanukovych lived in it from 2002 to 21 February 2014, when he abandoned the estate during the2014 Ukrainian revolution.
The estate is over 140 ha (350 acres) and is situated on the banks of the Dnieper river (Kiev Reservoir). From 1935 to 2007 Mezhyhirya was a state government residence until it was turned into private property. In 2012 the State Administration of Affairsrented a space from Tantalit for 99,691 hryvnia per year, arranging it for official receptions.
Internet newspaper Ukrayinska Pravda in its investigation published a number of documents that confirm a link between those organizations-tenants, family members of Yanukovych and his entourage. The 140-hectares Mezhyhirya complex is enclosed by a five meter tall fence along the 54 km (34 mi) perimeter. On its territory are located a yacht pier, equestrian club, shooting range, tennis court and many other recreational tourism complexes as well as hunting grounds. The lease of 1 ha (2.5 acres) in Mezhyhirya for Yanukovych cost 314 hryvnia per month (2010) which was about $39.57 according to the exchange rate.
Another, perhaps even more luxurious residence was under construction near Cape Aya in Crimea at the time of the 2014 Ukrainian Revolution which ousted Yanukovych from office. Journalists call it “Mezhyhirya №2”.
The complexes at the site also include an automobile museum displaying some of Yanukoviche’s former exotic cars, a golf course, ostrich farm, dog kennel, numerous fountains, man made lakes, a helicopter pad, and a small church.